Welcome to the Young Leaders Network
a network, led by young people, that shares knowledge, skills and ideas, promotes Aged Services as a career pathway of choice and showcases leadership and innovation displayed by young people working in the Aged Service Sector in Tasmania.
To provide an opportunity for young people (30ish and under) to come together on a semi-regular basis to share their experiences, input into current and future workforce initiatives and participate in activities/initiatives that supports the continued growth of the participants personal and professional knowledge, skills and competence.
Have access to a network of young people who are passionate about working in the Aged Services Sector who embrace the opportunity to have an active role in inspiring younger people to work in our Sector.
The ‘Network’ provides an opportunity for the Sector to capitalise/value from the input from younger members of our workforce who are passionate about their job role and working with older people.
By 2020, the millennials (those born between 1980 and 2000) will be the largest component of Tasmania’s workforce. Their characteristics, career aspirations, and behaviours are different to prior generations. Who better to inform both employers and potential employees about the benefits of working in the sector then the young people we already have.
Young Leaders Award
Applications are now open for 2019 Young Leaders Award.
The Aged Services Young Leaders Awards is designed to recognise those whose have embraced the opportunity to have an active role in inspiring younger people to work in our Sector.
Applications Open 24 July 2019 and close 14 August 2019. To apply you need to address the Selection Criteria outlined in the online application form.
Award Nomination and Selection Process
- All members of the Young Leaders Network are eligible to submit a nomination.
- ACSA will make the final decision on the winning nomination
- By submitting your application you agree that parts of your application may be used in promotional material to promote Aged Services as a career choice
- Your application will need to be accompanied by a letter of support from your manager
- Applications will be assessed by a panel of industry professionals
What you can win
The winner of the 2019 Young Leaders Award will have the choice of either
Registration and airfares to the ACSA Summit in Melbourne on the 8-10 October 2019 (please note: the prize does not include accommodation) https://www.acsasummit.com.au/program
Enrolment in the 2020 Aged Services Emerging Leadership in Aged Care Program – where you will undertake 6 units of competence from the Diploma of Leadership and Management qualification.
How do i apply?… click the Apply Here button to start your application
Organisations are well represented across the State with many recognising their young staff as future leaders in the Sector. For a full list of members click here
Getting to know each other….
To help you get to know each other and hear more about all the job roles we’ve developed a profile page for you to complete. This information is only available to members of the Young Leaders Network.
Access the Young Leaders Forum
Click here to access the forum for the Young Leaders Network members. Please ask questions and add comments.
Project ideas for 2018-19
we are calling for EoI for anyone that is interested in being a part of working groups to progress a number of projects that were identified at Young Leaders meetings.
Start to change the perception of working in the aged services sector by being involved in working groups to work on projects like:
- Participate in the Discover Your Story profiles with real stories (your stories) and real people in the sector (instead of Jake and Trevor)
- Short promotional videos “this is my role and why I work in the sector”
- Changing the perception of working in the Aged Services Sector https://youtu.be/mYXyXNhC2RM
- input into the leadership curriculum PD
- develop a mentoring program to support young people in the workplace
- Generational Awareness Week Generational Awareness Week 16 to 20th September 2019
Workshop Dates for 2019
During 2019 the Young Leaders Network will continue to meet and workshop topics throughout the year. In addition working groups will form to focus on projects and initiatives that are identified at the workshops. The 2019 workshops dates are:
Wednesday 21 February 2019
Wednesday 24 July 2019
Wednesday 18 September 2019
Wednesday 11 December 2019
Notes from meetings
- outcomes from the Young Leaders Network Meeting 1 December 2017
- outcomes from the Young Leaders Network meeting 13 June 2018
- outcomes from the Young Leaders Network meeting October 2018
- outcomes from the Young Leaders Network meeting May 2019
- outcomes from the Young Leaders Network meeting Nov 2019
- outcomes from the Young Leaders Network meeting Feb 2020
- outcomes from the Young Leaders Network meeting May 2020 Tuesday May 5 – YLN meeting recording